Web Toolbar by Wibiya

Author Topic: New AK74 MET owner  (Read 1119 times)

Offline RandomMember

New AK74 MET owner
« on: February 05, 2013, 01:14:29 PM »
Hello there everyone,

I've loved the RAP4 line of paintball markers since I discovered them online a few years ago - I already own an X50 which Im ashamed to say I also had a kydex and leather holster made for (fits in a 'blue gun' molded p226 railed no problem).

This week I purchased a AK74 marker second hand for 200 which is quite a bargain considering the current retail price.

It had a faulty CO2 adapter as was chambered for the 88g disposable CO2 in the buttstock option - a quick replacement of that and it seems to be working fine as my first large projectile investment.

I however have a couple of questions as Im new to the ownership and assume individuals on here will be more knowledgable then myself.

I've seen the the following handguard which I intend to make as a future purchase (mine has two tiny side rails that my thumb ends up resting upon, and due to the weight and fact I dont feel comfortable holding the magazine Im thinking a foregrip will be required) http://www.rap4uk.com/Matador-AK74-Handguard-Black-p/12405.htm - is there a top rail closer to the shooters eye available? I find it hard to navigate the site with all the AK47 'add ons' for other guns to understand what mine can take as an option.

And question #2 - while attempting to unload a jammed 'shell' casing from the feeding window, my allen key pulled out a small magnetic 'bar' around 1/2 an inch in length from a space just bellow the top of the feed window/ejecting port - I managed to wiggle this back in but its this an issue I should be concerned regard this?

Kind regards for any responses

- Zoe

Offline sir paintalot

• Magazine fed 'till im dead!
Re: New AK74 MET owner
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 11:39:49 AM »
This marker will accept any common 47/74 Receiver Cover with rails.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/6-0925189

In the magazine- the plunger that is at the end of the spring has a metal ring and it interacts with the magnet you accidentally removed. It has to do with how the METS system functions, and how it knows your magazine is empty.

Offline KT

• Administrator
  • Paintballer For Life
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 10:27:24 PM »
Hello and welcome!

#1. currently there is no replacement top rail for the ak74
#2. the magnet is for locking the trigger when the magazine is empty. it should be fine once you put in back in the hole.
It's not just paintball
Its Real Action Paintball

Offline RandomMember

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 01:50:51 PM »
Thank you for your responses, as I sit down with the AK74 I get more and more familiar with it.

Its certainly got a mind of its own, often taking a nice slap on the underside of the magazine to load the first round... so requires a careful eye on the feed window. Ordered a 2nd magazine too because reloading can be quite time consuming.

Magnet did indeed go back into the hole it came from nicely and no problems to report with it yet.