Web Toolbar by Wibiya

Author Topic: RAP4 eco friendly soy based paintballs  (Read 1161 times)

Offline arminf06

• I love RAP4
RAP4 eco friendly soy based paintballs
« on: December 04, 2012, 05:00:54 PM »
I own a tacamo conversion kit for my tippman A5 and project salvo. The problems I have seem to be the paintballs  get jammed up in the breach. With this action the paintballs enter the breach which causes the paintballs to get dented or mis-shaped because of the force that the T-68 magazines. I happened to have seen the Rap4 eco soy based paintballs online which they proclaim that these paintballs won't jam because of the shell being more durable than the usual paintballs. Plus Rap4 is claiming they wont break in your barrel. Does anyone have any experience with these paintballs? Do these paintball do what Rap4 claims?

Offline sir paintalot

• Magazine fed 'till im dead!
Re: RAP4 eco friendly soy based paintballs
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 02:29:18 PM »
Well they definitely have a harder shell which will prevent some deformation, but when you get a chop its like a catastrophic chop and it explodes. Its similar to tourney paint, somewhat brittle and breaks easy. I got a couple cases a while back and wasnt impressed. I think thats why its only $30 a case.

RAP4 T68 ANTI-CHOP BOLT TEST

I think the weakest link in these tacamo kits is the detent system. Its a tippmann style detent which normally has virtually no pressure on it, and then you add the spring pressure and now the tippmann detent which worked fine before cant offer enough resistance to hold just one paintball in place. So now you have the next paintball in line trying to push its way up and it starts to get into the breech. I think thats where the chops come from. Best paint ive had luck with is "RPS Competition".