Web Toolbar by Wibiya

Author Topic: Problems with T68 Gen3 Pistol  (Read 2346 times)

Offline NB17

• Northern Neighbour
    • Ambush Paintball
Problems with T68 Gen3 Pistol
« on: August 21, 2012, 02:52:39 PM »
I've been having problems with my T68 pistol jack hammering (I think that's the right term...it continuously tries to fire, but doesn't recock). I've tried for almost a year now to fix it, and have contacted RAP4 tech support twice during that time, but I still haven't figured out the problem. I purchased a seal kit and replaced every part that was included in the kit, and changed the bolt o-ring with a polythene tank o-ring (techs said the bolt uses tank o-rings). I have tested the marker with both CO2 cartridges and nitrogen using a remote line, but both result in the same thing. I have even made sure the velocity bolt wasn't too far in or out, but the problem persists.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could try to fix this? Any input would be appreciated.
"Whose bright idea was it to send the guy with the pump gun to the front?!"

Offline Kevin_RAP4

• Global Moderator
  • I love RAP4
Re: Problems with T68 Gen3 Pistol
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 04:42:05 PM »
Usually, when there is a problem with jack hammering, the hammer o-ring could be worn or damaged so you should see if that's the problem. When it's damaged, it won't recock consistently or not at all.

Offline sir paintalot

• Magazine fed 'till im dead!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 10:46:38 PM »
If your main spring is too weak from being left in a cocked position compressed it might not be opening the valve long enough to reset the sear. Try to swap out the spring.

Offline NB17

• Northern Neighbour
    • Ambush Paintball
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 03:49:01 PM »
I'll try switching the hammer o-ring again, maybe I just replaced the one on there with another damaged one. Also, I never would've thought that the spring could be the problem...I'll see if I can scrounge up a replacement spring and if not I'll place an order for a new one. Thanks for the help.
"Whose bright idea was it to send the guy with the pump gun to the front?!"