Web Toolbar by Wibiya

Author Topic: How on earth are you supposed to take the thimble out?  (Read 1981 times)

Offline smiffington

• I love RAP4
How on earth are you supposed to take the thimble out?
« on: July 26, 2012, 09:15:45 AM »
I got a p99 that someone had done too much monkeying with and now the o-rings on the thimble are shreaded and won't hold air. But how on earth are you supposed to get the thimble out??????? Are you supposed to find a concrete bolt or something? This is retarded, I have spent 2 hours trying to find a way to pull the stupid thing out. Does anyone have any suggestions or what did you use to get it out?

Offline SiY28

• ?
Re: How on earth are you supposed to take the thimble out?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 10:56:37 PM »
Thimble as in P9126? I believe you just grab those with needle nose pliers

Here is a complete tear down, should answer most questions...

http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.RAP-team-berlin.de/content/view/99/25/&prev=/search%3Fq%3DSATB%2Bp99%2Bram%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DU5p%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D962%26bih%3D706%26prmd%3Dimvns&sa=X&ei=cx0aUNeTEca46wHI1YCQCw&ved=0CFkQ7gEwAA

Original site is in german, i ran it through google translate for you, hence the extra long url

edit: just noticed url doesnt work... the forum keeps changing "RAP" to "RAP". change that back in the url and it should work

edit2: just noticed you cant say RAP on this site at all.... its supposed to say r a m. pm if you still have problems.

edit3: My computer has 8gb of RAP  :o
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 11:38:59 PM by SiY28 »

Offline smiffington

• I love RAP4
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 10:53:09 AM »
I got it figured out, you have to take the hammer mechanism off the back of the valve assembly, and then there is a brass screw thingy there. unscrew it, take the spring out, and unscrew the little thing that is in the back of the thimble, then it just falls out. If you pull on the thimble too hard with something you could just strip the threading on the back of it. I got it working now and it is not too bad. Thanks for the advice though.

Offline paintballnjames

• OSMWI
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 06:45:02 PM »
I bought a used P99 off ebay and this post was super helpful. It came with a seal kit but the problem seemed to lie elsewhere. The velocity adjustment screw would only back out. I took the assembly out of the frame and could see the o ring coming out around the thimble. One tip I would have for anyone else that might attempt this is when removing the pin that holds the hammer and it's spring be careful not to let the spring escape. It launched out of there like you would not believe. I spent like 30 minutes looking around the floor of our shop with no success. I was already going to be purchasing the new o rings for the thimble but I was surprised to see the spring was 12 bucks. I hope this might help someone else from making the same mistake.hue
Get to the Choppah! Go Now!