Web Toolbar by Wibiya

Author Topic: Ammo deforms in magazine after several hours  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Sedak

• I love RAP4
Ammo deforms in magazine after several hours
« on: July 07, 2012, 02:07:13 PM »
Hi,

I'm not sure whether this is specific ammo problem or inherently insufficient design of "caseless" balls in spring-operated magazines. I've tried sevarall ammo batches. All of them work perfectly fresh loaded. But after some amount of time, usually around 3 hours, 6 maximum, ammo deforms extensively in RAP17 magazines. The gun becomes useless at this point.
You know, I play long games often, sometimes continuous 24-hour games where you operate with two lives only and moves a lot in the countryside. There is no time to reload magazines after two hours to make the sidearm still effective.
This is issue that makes such sidearm useless in real game, no matter how nice it is and how well it works when fresh loaded.

Has anyone tried to leave the loaded magazine in a gun for several hours or whole day? Room temperature is fine. Does the ammo still work and remains round after that time?

Thanks,
Sedak

Offline TungstenDeath

• Downing speedballers one trigger pull at a time.
Re: Ammo deforms in magazine after several hours
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 03:28:44 PM »
This is a problem inherent in all magazine fed markers, be they Tacamo, RAP4, Tiberius, MilSig, or otherwise.  Spring pressure on paintballs will deform them over time.  Different kinds of paintballs may yield different results for you, but all latex shelled balls will deform over time. 
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."  -George S. Patton