Web Toolbar by Wibiya

Author Topic: Game Scoring  (Read 3227 times)

Offline AC Tactical

• CEO
  • Freeze!!
    • AC TACTICAL
Game Scoring
« on: June 03, 2012, 01:35:38 PM »
I understand VIPER Paintball won't be involved this year. That true? If so, what kind of scoring system will be used, or who will run it?

Offline Silva

• Blisters=Good Game
Re: Game Scoring
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 09:10:07 PM »
Okay like my buddy AC here stated, if Viper wont be running it how will it be scored? I also have a few other questions. The Rap4 sites makes it sound like the game wont continue into sunday like last year, but we can play on the fields in normal games. So is it just the meet and greet type of thing friday and then we sleep in our cars or what? Also Paintball Zones website says we can only sleep in our cars, no BBQing etc, yet Rap4's site says thats all good. I also wanna know if it's FPO or will we have a choice since we had so much trouble with that last year. I might have a few more but i can't think of them right now.

thanks
-Mason

Offline AC Tactical

• CEO
  • Freeze!!
    • AC TACTICAL
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 09:39:41 AM »
I posted over on LOCATION Category about the camping. I'm not happy.

Offline KT

• Administrator
  • Paintballer For Life
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 02:05:47 PM »
This year paint will be supplied by RAP4, we will have mag fed compatible paint at the field.
Scoring and gaming will be different this year, more information will be posted as the game day gets closer
It's not just paintball
Its Real Action Paintball

Offline AC Tactical

• CEO
  • Freeze!!
    • AC TACTICAL
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 02:48:53 PM »
Let's Get Back on Topic:

Was watching YouTube "MISSION BRIEF"
Operation End War Mission Brief

Questions:
  • Is the entire Paintball Zone Field ours for the weekend, or are we going to be giving up some field to the Walk-On Hopper players like we did at TAG.
  • I assume, like before, we will have continuous, on-going, operations/missions, etc, with no game-stop, through out the day, like previously? Please clarify...

Offline Kevin_RAP4

• Global Moderator
  • I love RAP4
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 09:49:37 AM »
As far as we know right now, the entire Paintball Zone field is ours for the weekend and we will have continuous operations/missions going on throughout the day

Offline bfl

• I love RAP4
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 06:59:17 PM »
Hi,

I would appreciate some additional information regarding the play format.  The previous two events had the generals pursuing multiple objectives based on what they thought would earn them the most points across (most of) the park simultaneously over the whole weekend.  The mission briefing video seems to imply a significantly different scenario.  It implies that both sides will have only one mission at a time (e.g., attack or defend the tower), focused on the same field (although it seems you'll have to start from the base location that you've chosen), with no re-spawning within each mission.  Is my understanding correct?

Also, while I appreciate the additional elements of giving time to plan, communicate, and review, I think that our general (seems more like a major in the new format - we'll have to forcibly remove his star) would rather there be some up front time for him to organize his team and go over SOPs, comm plan, etc., but have the plan/do/check/act cycle be part of the game once things have kicked off.

Best regards,

Brian

Offline AC Tactical

• CEO
  • Freeze!!
    • AC TACTICAL
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 10:03:41 PM »
Brian,

This is what I have been dying to get answers on, as well. Will this be one continuous War, with multiple Fronts, multiple Battles, multiple Objectives & Missions, all fought simultaneously?...requiring the General and his Command Staff to make strategic decisions, based on conditions reported from the field, so as to WIN the overall War objective?

Or, are we just going to fight a bunch of skirmishes?

The MISSION BRIEF video seems to imply that it is one mission at a time, with time between missions to de-brief. On the face of it, it sounds like skirmish based scenario. Yet Kevin states continuous operations. And, I have been told that we will be pleased with the format. I don't know what to believe.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 11:20:39 PM by AC Tactical »

Offline Bob Bam

• "You teach people how to treat you."
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 11:15:13 PM »
I would appreciate some additional information regarding the play format.  The previous two events had the generals pursuing multiple objectives based on what they thought would earn them the most points across (most of) the park simultaneously over the whole weekend.  The mission briefing video seems to imply a significantly different scenario.  It implies that both sides will have only one mission at a time (e.g., attack or defend the tower), focused on the same field (although it seems you'll have to start from the base location that you've chosen), with no re-spawning within each mission.  Is my understanding correct?

Also, while I appreciate the additional elements of giving time to plan, communicate, and review, I think that our general (seems more like a major in the new format - we'll have to forcibly remove his star) would rather there be some up front time for him to organize his team and go over SOPs, comm plan, etc., but have the plan/do/check/act cycle be part of the game once things have kicked off.

I've watched the Mission Brief video multiple times.  With Viper out of the event, it seems Operation Endwar III is going to be a lot different than I and II.  It appears Endwar III may be more like Operation "Endbattle", not too different than Tropic Thunder and more of the same old, same old.  I agree with previous comments, that the general will be more like a major, if there are single objectives at a time.  This may result in the spray and pray concept of being hit by a luck shot. The very thing magfed players have invested to avoid.

I like magfed, because Endwar hasn't been the "typical" massive attack event.  I hope I missed something in the Mission Brief, because Operation Endwar is suppose to be the Grandaddy of magfed events.  I hope Operation Endwar III will hold the thinking paintballer's interest.

RAP4, I know we've only heard part of it, but please tell me I have it wrong.  Beside the location, how is Operation Endwar III better than its predecessors?  I've been looking forward to this event for 11 months!

Offline Bob Bam

• "You teach people how to treat you."
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 07:45:45 AM »

I've watched the Mission Brief video multiple times.  With Viper out of the event, it seems Operation Endwar III is going to be a lot different than I and II.  It appears Endwar III may be more like Operation "Endbattle", not too different than Tropic Thunder and more of the same old, same old.  I agree with previous comments, that the general will be more like a major, if there are single objectives at a time.  This may result in the spray and pray concept of being hit by a luck shot. The very thing magfed players have invested to avoid.

I like magfed, because Endwar hasn't been the "typical" massive attack event.  I hope I missed something in the Mission Brief, because Operation Endwar is suppose to be the Grandaddy of magfed events.  I hope Operation Endwar III will hold the thinking paintballer's interest.

RAP4, I know we've only heard part of it, but please tell me I have it wrong.  Beside the location, how is Operation Endwar III better than its predecessors?  I've been looking forward to this event for 11 months!

...Endwar III was different than 1 and 2.  It wasn't "Endbattle" as feared.  The format could use some tweeaking, but it worked.  It was multi-layered and energetic.  The field was an improvement.  There were challenges in the facility prep and the heat.  Rap4 can't control the weather...yet.