Web Toolbar by Wibiya

Author Topic: Firestorm E trigger  (Read 4268 times)

Offline JimmyJJ

• I love RAP4
Firestorm E trigger
« on: November 14, 2011, 10:25:52 PM »
So apparently what Im finding out is that in order to activate the firestorm triggers 3 burst or full auto mode, one has to pull the trigger 3 times before finally engaging.  This is apparently popular with many electronic triggers.  I was going to buy a brand new RAP 4 M4 JUST to get the selector switch with 3 burst and full auto- something that other lesser triggers didnt have (again, 3 pulls before the trigger does what its advertised to do).

Who in the world of paintball thought that this was a good idea?  This sounds like a great way to completely ruin what was otherwise a great idea.  Is there anyway to disable this system, or order it without this "safety" feature?  I cant imagine playing a game, turning a corner, and holding down the trigger to unload on your opponent... only to find you've fired only once.

So people please help me out here- can we fix this problem (or better yet, are there earlier versions that dont have this for sale somewhere) and if all hope is lost, there must be some company out there that will make a proper electronic trigger, yes?

Any help is appreciated

Offline sir paintalot

• Magazine fed 'till im dead!
Re: Firestorm E trigger
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 12:54:58 PM »
The idea behind the semi shots beforehand is to minimize injury if one was to accidentally pull the trigger in a mask free zone. Barrel socks aren't perfect, I've seen paintballs shoot right through them. Just this last weekend I had an errant ball fired into the back of my hand from about 4 feet away when someone was picking up a marker and inspecting it. As far as I know there are no other boards available for the Firestorm Trigger. If you have fast fingers you should be able to get those semi shots off quick enough that the safety feature is negligible.

Offline JimmyJJ

• I love RAP4
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 08:11:51 PM »
That really is such a shame.  What a way to ruin an otherwise great product.  Especially since it apparently didnt have these safety features

RAP4 FireStorm Electronic Trigger

I was seriously going to buy a new RAP4 gun specifically because the options the electronic trigger offerred.  Thats not going to happen now.  Can anyone suggest any other triggers/guns that dont have this safety feature?  At the very least the safety should be optional.  There really is no point in wasting $100 on this trigger then.

Offline KT

• Administrator
  • Paintballer For Life
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 11:04:58 PM »
the current version of the etrigger has the safety function.
it will only activates full auto or burst on the fourth trigger pull

it also has the competition LOCK OUT mode that you can lock out the trigger from going to auto or burst.
this current version has setting for 7bps, 9bps and 13bps
It's not just paintball
Its Real Action Paintball

Offline JimmyJJ

• I love RAP4
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 03:36:30 AM »
I suppose the question is how "current"  is this version in comparison to the older ones that didnt have it.  Surely they didnt sell all the units with the old board-they must have some lying around.  And if they dont, its not as if they dont have the schematics for it.  There HAS to be a way to either outright disable this system or order it without this safety feature, right?  I mean stopping the guy from firing at an inopportune moment... thats what the safety is for. 

Im having such difficulty finding another marker/trigger that actually offers a real full auto.  I mean "real" action paintball right?  Dont completely rain on my parade, someone please tell me something is possible to do without this childish safety feature.

Offline sir paintalot

• Magazine fed 'till im dead!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 01:24:28 PM »
Consider a tippmann A-5 or X7 with the aftermarket APE Rampage board installed. Full auto on first pull. RAP4 offers the magazine fed conversion kits. This stuff adds up quick $$$

Offline JimmyJJ

• I love RAP4
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 01:36:33 PM »
Thanks!

Offline JimmyJJ

• I love RAP4
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 01:46:16 PM »
Im going to throw this one out there though- is it possible to switch boards between electronic triggers?  Are e triggers even very compatible with all types of markers or do they tend to be designed for specific guns.  In other words, are there any true full auto triggers that could fit on a rap4, and would a board from a different e trigger be compatible with say, a firestorm one?

Offline KT

• Administrator
  • Paintballer For Life
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 04:10:10 PM »
triggers and board are made for specific gun
they are not compatible to each other
It's not just paintball
Its Real Action Paintball

Offline BMW Sniper

• RAP4 beat Milsig anyday of the week!
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 08:52:46 PM »
For me the real issue is that the trigger turns itself off after 3 minutes of non use.... really really bad when you are woodsballing and come up on an ambush all of a sudden....shoudl be a 30 minute timer... and yes the 3 shot safety is annoying and i woudl like to turn it off as well

Offline vs1steve

• I love RAP4
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 12:19:47 AM »
Hi, anyone any idea how I can disable the full auto? internally still allowing semi or even single shot?