Web Toolbar by Wibiya

Author Topic: Coming soon Tacamo D-Mag  (Read 33532 times)

Offline lftd150

• Burn rubber. Not your soul.
Re: Coming soon Tacamo D-Mag
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2011, 02:45:08 AM »
so are they anywhere even remotely close to being available to us? im trying to be patient, but its hard because this is too good to miss out on. just any word on the next date yall are trying to have it done by?  i could erase the competition with these in my project salvo.   :-[

Offline Muttly

• my teeth are dull but my gun bites hard
  • Gold Member
  • ONE SHOT, ONE THRILL
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2011, 02:58:21 PM »
That mag looks SWEET!!
I also like the camo. Looks like the new A-TACS.

Offline SiY28

• ?
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2011, 06:33:02 PM »
wait, as my understanding went, gen6 t68-m4s were ready to use dmags. i asked this a few pages back.
something about only needing the oval feed-hole.

but now its changed and i need a new magwell?

Offline teknix

« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2011, 10:00:45 AM »
I think they said it was first strike ready with the oval hole but you will need a new magwell to be able to use the new workings of the D-mag. I'm sure they had to change the way the mags work to get them that cheap and since the mechanisms are different you will need a new mag well to release the spring and depress whatever they are using for the release for the balls to come out. I'm guessing they got rid of the winder and collars for the Dmags because I can see those costing the most. May have went with something like the TPX mags is my guess.

Offline Pillowfire

« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2011, 07:08:17 PM »
I have been wondering myself why the ball detent wasn't made a bit better. The mag's could be much easier to fit inside of pouches if they didn't have the large detent on one end. Also, the spring release is way too easy to accidentally trigger; causing all the balls to fly out. I am working on an easy fix for that though. Makes me wonder why they didn't incorporate it in the mags.

What I want to know is the size of these new mags, and what the differences are between them and t68 mags. I just bought a bunch of t68 mags, and it would be great if I didn't have to swap magwells on the field just to use the new mags. But w/e. We shall see what happens.

Offline sir paintalot

• Magazine fed 'till im dead!
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2012, 01:21:02 PM »
I think there are about 1000 people eagerly awaiting the D-Mag. Can we have an update? I'm ok with delays but the guessing game kinda sucks.

Offline azntactical

• The T68 is my cup of tea.
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2012, 02:02:30 PM »
I think there are about 1000 people eagerly awaiting the D-Mag. Can we have an update? I'm ok with delays but the guessing game kinda sucks.
they should be announcing the release date next week on their fb page.

Offline sir paintalot

• Magazine fed 'till im dead!
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2012, 03:28:51 PM »
I'm so glad everything revolves around facebook now! /sarcasm

Offline azntactical

« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2012, 04:07:14 PM »
I'm so glad everything revolves around facebook now! /sarcasm
yep...haha...but i think they announce it first on fb and then on the forums...i mean, there is more traffic on fb then the actual rap4 forum...

Offline TungstenDeath

• Downing speedballers one trigger pull at a time.
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2012, 12:28:51 PM »
Did I hear Omar say that 2 20rd DMAGs will easily fit in a double mag pouch (30 round NATO STANAG standard magazines)?  Or did I imagine that in my lust for a 200 round first strike loadout? 
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."  -George S. Patton

Offline acxell

• French user of T68 Gen6
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2012, 02:30:11 PM »
there is still no delay on the release date of D-mags and magwell for the T68?

Offline Kevin_RAP4

• Global Moderator
  • I love RAP4
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2012, 04:21:45 PM »
We have reached an agreement regarding the patent issue, but we cannot disclose a release date yet until we receive confirmation from all manufacturers that they have finished production. As soon as we have an accurate release date, we will let everyone know

Offline SiY28

• ?
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2013, 06:46:09 PM »
it seems you guys are more or less in the final stages of design, but one thing i have noticed was not mentioned in any of your news releases is a magazine with 20 rounds continuous feed capacity that will be compatible with the dmag magwell; but it is known that regular magazines will not fit in the dmag magwell.

one suggestion/request before you release the dmag and magwell: please also design/release a conversion kit for existing 20 round magazines to fit into the dmag magwell. milsig is already doing this, it should not be hard to follow suit.

Offline azntactical

« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2013, 11:27:06 AM »
it seems you guys are more or less in the final stages of design, but one thing i have noticed was not mentioned in any of your news releases is a magazine with 20 rounds continuous feed capacity that will be compatible with the dmag magwell; but it is known that regular magazines will not fit in the dmag magwell.

the 468 will be able to use the scarab arms mags. so, whether rap4 decides to release their own version or not, you will have an alternative mag to use for first strike.

one suggestion/request before you release the dmag and magwell: please also design/release a conversion kit for existing 20 round magazines to fit into the dmag magwell. milsig is already doing this, it should not be hard to follow suit.