Web Toolbar by Wibiya

Author Topic: Combating Speedballers  (Read 9646 times)

Offline HaloStrike

Combating Speedballers
« on: December 29, 2007, 08:42:22 PM »
You know em. With their flashy guns and bright colors, their weapons supress slower firing players. They act as spearheads and break through lines. Many people with slower guns get pinned down.

What advice do you guys have about Speedball players in the woodsball field?

Warnings, tips, tricks, anything that will help combat them.

Okay, so I'd like to start with my advice, usually they go head on assaults. On a speedball field, they get usually get to see the enemy go for their flank. Also in speedball they usually concentrate forward, since the field is one direction.

So speedball as their mindset, they may just concentrate on your team and shooting and advanceing forward. I use this against this, but heading for their flank. Which with my experiance they keep a blind eye on many times. But as you head down their flank, try to go as fast as possible before they or their teammates get attention to you. Or go at a steady pace, keeping stealth then as you approach, go in for the kill. But remember hit them fast and make the first few shots count, or they will supress/pin you down with their powerfull rate of fire.

So to sum it up, hit their flank. But make sure they are distracted with another battle and that you go out of their marker range and a bit farther as you head for the flanking attack.

I'll draw a simple diagram for you guys, but its pretty simple to imagine in your head.

Offline blkob

• one shot= one dead general :)
Re: Combating Speedballers
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 04:47:57 PM »
I don't have any advice because I tend to avoid those fights but at the 2007 Wayne's World of Paintball Grand Finale a team of speedballers where camping in some heavy foiliage and the group I was traveling with (25-30) was pinned down, none of us could see the enemy, then this team of 10-15 speedballers from our side showed up and I ordered them to advance on the right flank and lay down as much fire as they could so that we could possibly locate te enemy and kill them. Well these guys started b***** about how speedballers are always the ones going into the enemy fire and being used to suppress. Well while they were b****** the enemy lit them up. 10-15 speedballers left the field covered in paint. Then one of our tanks showed up....

Offline pirahna590

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 05:50:43 PM »
 Tactically speaking ... when your out gunned and out manned, its time to use thier strengths against them .... lure them in by waiting out the barrage ... setting up defensive measures such as mines an claymores, falling back and ambushing the advance when thier frustration sets in that your not pushing forward.

Flanking is very usefull in an advance, but also highly useful when deployed when falling back. Opposing forces will push forward on what appears to be a retreat. Using your snipers to flank out left and right as the team falls back for control of ambush choke points.  Sniper team sets up on higher ground an used to cover the rear of the opposing force, airsoft claymores with 6mm bb paint and paint gernades with a crossfire with remaining team ... but yes precision and speed need to be deployed, if you get hung up their ammo capacity and range will have you pinned down

Offline antoniomedina84

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 09:32:54 PM »
Remember to use guerrilla tactics, separate into security teams , as the main force retreats leave splinter cells with radio behind , hidden and quiet. When a good number of enemies are past disrupt their forces and cut them of from back up. Main force keeps them busy and the
The splinter cells have to continuously have communication and movement in order not to be compromised.
When the main force has surrounded them in conjunction use all resources available Example: smoke grenades, paint grenades , 2 man sniper hit & run, ambush. mortar fire, use the RADIO with simple tactics. 
Make them feel regret for chasing you're team!

Offline Stan The Hitman

• Hitman Paintball
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 05:12:39 AM »
the best way to combat speedballers is to learn how to play speedball on a speedball field and let them help/train you in their tactics.  That way you have their skills as well as your existing woodsball ones and you are able to plot and anticipate their psychology. That and you will be broadening yourself to more styles of play. Paintball is a sport, we shouldn't be segregating it, we should be helping it grow by representign it as a whole and knowing all forms of it to help newer players get into the swing of things.

Offline Double Tap

• AIRBORNE
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 12:53:09 PM »
You were asking what a necro post was pirahna590,reply 1 was on DEC. 31 2007.
Your reply 2 was on FEB 8 2009. That is a two (2) year old post.